I have decided, it’s rather intimidating for readers to see my top commenters list, knowing that they will never be amongst it. I’m not talking about those Johnny Come Latelies, I’m talking about regulars who don’t comment as much as some. Lets be honest, Han and Celeste are straddling the top comments like the dominatricies that they are, with their 100+ comments on this blog in 6 months. It’s an intimidating sight for all concerned. Even Guy is intimidated, being underneath Celeste.
With that in mind, I’ve decided to reset the comment list for this month, and on a monthly basis thereafter. Hopefully, it will help encourage discussion, as I give 90% of my love to my top commenters. You lovely, lovely people.
With that in mind, I have trawled through the archives to reveal some of my favourite comments of my top 10 commenters. I may make this a monthly thing, to spread a bit of the link love seed liberally over the bosoms of my top commenters. Ooer. Here’s this month list.
- Han – Brother’s Birthday, My First Wii Injury and No Eyes – “you sure its your bicep and not some other part of your body, your knowledge of anatomy is shockingly poor! Remember the â€œow my kidney hurtsâ€ incident?! worst photo evar!”
- Celeste – Virginia Shootings, Jack Thompson, West Ham thugs, and Sexy Theme Parks – “Have you noticed that in posts where you mention sex and/or nipples you get the most comments?”
- Guy – If Driving Games Were Real – “those bloody french are stupid driving on the right!!”
- Ryan – The Dream Is Over – Unibond League 1 Playoffs – Cammell Laird vs. Colwyn Bay - “and bears, oh why? you should write about sheds. itâ€™s my new goal in life to own a shedâ€¦ how cool would that be. your next post could be about how Amy Winehouse would get itâ€¦ even though everyone denies itâ€¦ she would be filthy”
- Sibz – Music & Lyrics – “WOooowoo! I made a blog post. Next goal: Make a blog post without being made out to sound like a pansy”
- Debbie – The Dream Is Over – Unibond League 1 Playoffs – Cammell Laird vs. Colwyn Bay – “I was going to comment but then the thought of Amy Winehouse and her fanny crust just chased every thought right out of my head..time to go bathe in bleach I think..”
- Tilesey – GATR Invades Lisbon, Portugal – Remember, every one in the world speaks English but some of them donâ€™t know it yet. The typical solution to this is to repeat what you asked for in a steadily louder voice, again and again. If that fails, add â€œeee ooooâ€ after each word. For instance, â€œTwoooeeeoooo beerioo por favorâ€.
- Manuel – The iPhone Sweepstakes – “I hate Apple. It could blow me and I probably wouldnâ€™t get itâ€¦”
- nal – My New Webcam – ” ‘I am not good at using the computer with one hand.’ Best quote ever, Rhys! Because we know what the naughty boys who use the computer with one hand are doing with the other one.
- Paddy – Giving Up On Lent, More Pancakes and Chavs – “Apparently the only English accent I can do is that of the â€˜chavsâ€™. Hmph. Donâ€™t hunt meâ€¦”
So for especially you ten, and the 143 of you who have commented overall, I thank you. Here’s to the next 143 people to comment on the list.
Of course, now will be a good time to know some of my RSS readers. So, if you are a lurker, who reads this blog but never comments, tell me:
- who you are
- what you do and
- who’s your favourite regular reader
Come on, we all have our favourites. Commence commenting!
Likewise, if you are a regular reader, you may be interested to join my Forums. There are an eclectic bunch on there at the moment (if all British), so drop in, make a few topics, and share in the ambient glow that is this site.