As a little new feature for this blog, I am going to do a “Sunday Speedlinking”. Basically, these blog posts and stories have interested me in the last week, and – whilst they don’t deserve a full entry – they do deserve a little mention. Here we go.
- First of was a story on the BBC, about Edinburgh Council replacing the SN07 number plate because some people could find it offensive. SN07 spells “Snot”, the least offensive offensive word probably ever. Can you think of any other non offensive swear words that could be banned by the heavy handed DVLA? I suggest looking at this list for the British Car Number Plate Identifiers and watching Monty Python and The Holy Grail for inspiration for non offensive swear words. Especially The French Taunting Bit.
- On the list of “Pointless Degrees”, a Degree in Northerness, where you can learn about. I’ve already suggested it to Han, who thinks that if she goes north of Watford she’d get raped. Bless.
- One thing I’m not linking to is a certain blog on my feed reader. Recently, this blogger shut down her comments for the pure and simple reason she wants to control her pages “to make money”. I’ve got nothing against people shutting down comments for legitimate reasons (vengeful ex’s for one – I switched off comments for about 3 days after I split up with the ex), but this is stupid, and selfish, and deserves to fail. I’m doing my own thing to not supporting her, removing her from my blogroll, and unsubscribing from her feed. It just did not sit well with me. If you agree with me, and know who I’m talking about, I urge you to do the same.
- One new blog I am linking to is one of my favourite comedian’s Dave Gorman. I saw him in Liverpool a few years back and he was hilarious, I’ve read his his books and they are so funny. I work with a Rarebit Nutter (well, ex Rarebit Nutter, he sold his Mini). I suggest you read his blog too, as it’ll brighten your lives.
- E3 was this weekend, and the exciting things to come from it from a Wii owner’s perspective is Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit and the Wii Zapper, which will be compatible with Medal of Honour in a 32 player online mode. I cannot wait.
- Finally, have a listen to this file. A radio show called Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher a bottler for contemplating quitting playing for England. Jamie rings up the show and questions him about it. To be honest I agree with him. Steve McLaren made a huge mistake not including him in the setup for the future games, and he probably thought he had enough. He has every right to concentrate on Liverpool instead of England, which he always looked out of place compared to the style over substance contingent of Lampard, Terry, Beckham and Cole. Ask any Liverpool fan if they’d rather win the Champions League or England win the World Cup, and I’m sure they’d pick the former. Hell, if it was Colwyn Bay to win the Champions League or Wales to win the World Cup, I’d pick the seagulls every time. Another good article on it is here. What do you think?
Okay, not speed linking per se, but I’ll try and keep it shorter next week, I’m still getting used to Speedlinking, if you spot anything that you think I’ll be interested in and want included (credit will be given), why not email me?