I’m back from Stockholm with the following thoughts:-
- I love sauna’s now. They are stupidly addictive. Plus a great way to meet women (and men), though you cannot be shy! I did walk into a Sauna and was greeted by 3-4 smiling Swedish female faces. Was great, even if I think I shouldn’t have been there (hell, if they minded, they would’ve said, surely?). Could so easily become addicted to them, especially the cold shower you have to take after them!*
- Regarding the women, yes they are stunningly attractive. Some obviously more than others, but the overall quality of women is quite high. Even some of the ones approaching 50-60 I thought “yes, you’re not young anymore, but even so I bet you were stunning in your day”.
- As far as prices go? Yes, the place is so expensive, but like anywhere you can get places for cheap and food for cheap. My advice though is if you do go, don’t actually think about the prices. They’re depressing (nice responsible credit crunch beating advice from yours truly!).
- Furthermore, don’t do the British custom of buying rounds with a Scandanavian. You won’t get one back!
- The Vasanmuselet is a great place to go, it’s a ship that sunk in the mid 1600′s
- Swedish food is so so. Meatballs were horrible (though I think I just got dodgy ones), reindeer is really nice!
And now – photos!
* If you go in a Sauna you DO have to take a cold shower after, this was unrelated to the people I was in the Sauna with!