For those of you who don’t know, Google Chrome is Google’s entrance into the browser world on Wednesday with a huge fanfare, and response have been mixed bags. However, as I needed something to blog about, I’ve been using Google Chrome for the past couple of days, here are my thoughts.
- Layout is pretty swish, and it is pretty quick. Though the tabs ABOVE the address bar takes a bit getting used to.
- I don’t like the “New Tab” window. I’m an avid igoogle user, and it reminds me too much of the Speed Dial plugin my boss uses and I just cannot understand in Firefox.
- Worryingly – it set itself as the default browser when I first used it, even though I didn’t want it to.
- Ajax doesn’t seem quite right to me. I’ve tried poking people on facebook (TJ especially), and it opens in a new window, rather than the more traditional Ajaxy opening.
- Also, video doesn’t appear to be working when it’s not an FLA (for example, the videos on the WWE website.
- Google promise plugins, but what are the chances of there being an ad blocker plugin? So many websites are unreadable at the moment. Somehow, I feel that Google won’t release one.
- It hasn’t crashed yet. More so than firefox, which has been so shonky at the moment.
All in all, it isn’t a bad browser, probably the second best behind firefox. Will I adopt it? I may do, it’s quite a good browser, I just want teh range of plugins that Firefox offers, and I’m sold.
Finally, I’d also not block your email programme as well.
Also, Plurk doesn’t work particularly well as well on it.
Have you used Chrome? What do you make of it?